#1 Tartans Earn Eighth Shutout with 5-0 Win Versus Marietta
|#1 Carnegie Mellon
|Shots (on goal)
(PITTSBURGH, Pa.) – The top-ranked Carnegie Mellon University women's soccer team hosted its third game of the season and topped Marietta College by a 5-0 score on Wednesday, September 27. The Tartans move to 10-0 for the season while Marietta falls to 3-4.
Inside The Box Score
- The Tartans scored three goals off corner kicks, including the first two of the game.
- Freshman Natalie Rayce recorded two goals with one coming in each half.
- Senior Cecelia Dieterich scored the eventual game-winner in the late seconds of the seventh minute after touching in a ball headed down by graduate student Caitlynn Owens off a corner kick by junior Alana Frederick.
- Sophomore Jenna Hallbeck recorded her second goal of the season off a rebound of her own shot that was blocked in the 60th minute.
- Junior Alex Masse scored the final goal of the game in the 87th minute after a corner kick by Sarah Scoles was headed out by a defender but to the top of the box where Masse settled the bouncing ball and struck a shot with the outside of her right foot.
- Sophomore Abby O'Connor earned the win after playing the first 45 minutes.
- Freshman Maddie Kellogg made the only save of the game for the Tartans who only allowed one shot.
- The 10-0 start for the Tartans is the best in program history.
- Racye scored two goals in the same game for the first time this season and now has five for the year.
The Tartans begin University Athletic Association (UAA) action with a road contest at No. 18 Brandeis University on Saturday, September 30 at 11:00 a.m.