Tartans Place Sixth at NCAA Championships, Tie School Best Performance
(NEWVILLE, Pa.) - The Carnegie Mellon University men's cross country team tied for the best finish in school history at the 2023 NCAA Division III Cross Country Championships on Saturday, November 18 at Big Spring High School in Newville, Pennsylvania, when the Tartans placed sixth. The Tartans last placed in the top 10 in 2007 and were sixth in 1981.
- Junior Colin McLaughlin led the Tartans with a 47th-place finish in a time of 25:15.7.
- Sophomore Ryan Podnar wasn't far behind with a finishing time of 25:19.7 that placed him 54th overall.
- Finishing third for the Tartans was junior Matthew Coyle who crossed the finish line in 25:23.8 for 60th place.
- Senior Charlie Murphy was fourth on the team in 77th place in 25:34.6 while fellow senior Jacob Hsu was fifth in 25:40.5 for 93rd place.
- Junior Aleksei Seletskiy placed 113th in 25:48.3 and graduate student Matthew Porter rounded out the team in 207th place in 26:21.7.